Want to find the latest research on forest law, governance and trade? This section of FLEGT.org provides links to some of the think tanks, research institutes and universities that conduct research on illegal logging and forest governance. Many are also dedicated to FLEGT research.
If you are a researcher looking for ideas, see ‘Governance Research Agenda for FLEGT’. This study by Tropenbos and the European Forest Institute provides information on the needs and priorities for FLEGT research. The Agenda was the product of nearly two years of consultations with over 300 stakeholders.
Are you a FLEGT researcher? Contact us so we can share your findings.
Think tanks and research institutes
- The Tropical Agricultural Research and Higher Education Centre (CATIE)
- Chatham House
- French Agricultural Research Centre for International Development (CIRAD)
- Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR)
- European Forest Institute
- EFI Project Centre SURF – Supporting the Global Implementation of REDD+ and FLEGT
- European Tropical Forest Research Network
- Forest Trends
- International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED)
- Overseas Development Institute (ODI)
- The Center for People and Forests (RECOFTC)
- Tropenbos International
- University of Freiburg Faculty of Environment and Natural Resources
- University of Hamburg Institute for World Forestry, Centre for Wood Sciences
- University of East Anglia
- University of Oxford Environmental Change Institute
- University of Wolverhampton Centre for International Development and Training