Save the date! ‘Sourcing Legal Timber 2.0’ conference — 15 March 2018
Nearly five years have passed since the EU Timber Regulation (EUTR) came into force and things are looking quite different to how they did then. Authorities are increasing their enforcement activities all over Europe, a lot of new information and tools are available from all kinds of sources, and FLEGT-licensed timber is now available on the market.
Nonetheless, living up to the EUTR requirements is still a challenge for companies across Europe.
NEPCon would like to offer the industry, authorities and other stakeholders the opportunity to participate in a free international conference called ‘Sourcing Legal Timber 2.0’ on 15 March 2018 near London.
Join us for this final event of our ‘Supporting Legal Timber Trade’ project. This free, one-day event will help you*:
- Avoid common due diligence pitfalls
- Gain access to insights on key risks and how to deal with them
- Understand how the enforcement authorities evaluate your performance
- Understand how conducting quality due diligence makes good business sense
- Communicate about FLEGT-licensed timber
- Promote your compliance
- Gain an overview of the vast jungle of free info and tools available and how to use them
- Plan for future sourcing
- Understand how technological advances in timber traceability and verification can help improve the efficiency and credibility of your due diligence system
- Connect and exchange experiences with timber-related companies, trade associations, technical experts and relevant organisations from across Europe
*subject to change
The conference will be conducted in English. Lunch and refreshments will be provided. Details to be announced soon.
To sign up to attend, complete the form here.
For any queries please contact Ann Weddle on email@example.com or +44 7491 812337.